Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Let's play some free MMOs

I was reading up a while ago on Keen and Graev's blog where Keen stated that all "F2P MMOs suck" and that anyone who believes this industry is the way to go is totally wrong. Well, I kinda agree with that.I myself haven't played a ton of F2P (which means free to play) MMOs mainly because I discover a new one almost every day and I'm not sure I want to devote myself to yet another MMO while I'm still playing others. Also to be honest, a lot of them really don't attract me much (not talking only about graphics here, more about originality and style).

Well, starting today my mission will be to try out some of these games and see if any of them are good. I'll choose one and play it for a bit and then do a little review. I'm not sure if I'll be able to make these periodic but I'll try my best to keep you guys posted.

I'm already playing one... but if you have any suggestions as to what I should try out send me a comment or email. They don't have to be MMORPGs, just MMOs. Also, keep in mind I'm running Vista (sadface).

I really am looking forward to trying out some of these games. I mean come on, they can't be that bad... right?

-Rav4ge

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, yes they can.

The closest I have found to a F2P, RMT driven "MMO" is Exteel, by NCsoft. It's a mech game, that functions like any console mech game you've ever played basically, with arenas to have competitions in. It's really a lot of fun, but not much of an MMO by traditional expectations.

Rav4ge said...

I will have to give that one a try. Right now I am in the process of reviewing MapleStory which is almost 100% grinding. Pfft.

Thanks for the suggestion :D

Post a Comment